Monday, August 27, 2012

Eyes on Affordability

  It occurred to me the other day that while I have so many palettes from LA Colors, I'm guessing not many people have heard of them or bothered to try them out. Why? Because they're sold at dollar stores! Of course, everything cheap is *obviously* bad quality. Not true. I bought this palette for $1, and it's one of my favorites. The colors are smooth, pigmented, and last just as long as any other shadow when used with a base. The one I'm featuring today is called "Traditional". I don't know if these are being discontinued, but they are no longer on the LA Colors website. I can still find these at my local Dollar Tree, however. Anyway, on to the pictures. First up we have the palette itself.

These colors are great. Here you can see which colors I used in the look. I used a separate shadow for my highlight, however. Let me warn you that the white that comes in most of these kits is not good, but the other shadows are! Here are some swatches, as well.


Here's the look I did! I wish I had better lighting. These pictures do it no justice.
So, there you have it! A budget friendly palette that is also great quality. LA Colors is also cruelty free! Could it get any better? Anyway, I hope you have a great day and come back soon! Toodle-oo!

No comments:

Post a Comment