Friday, April 26, 2013

How to Use Colorful Eyeshadow- A Beginner's Guide

   We've all been there. You're new with makeup, or maybe just to start adding colorful shadows to your routine. But how do you use them without looking like a clown? For the next few weeks, I will be doing tutorials on simple ways to add color. This first one is just two shadows. A purple, which you could switch out for anything, and a basic brown. It's super simple, not much to it. It's one of those looks that you can wear with anything, and the color won't overwhelm your face.

The first thing you need to do is pick a color. I picked a purple, but green, blue, or whatever you want will work. Sweep that on the inner half of your lid.

Next, apply a dark brown to the rest of your lid, blending gently where the two colors meet. You don't want any harsh lines!

Next I added a highlight to my browbone, which of course you can't see. I then added some brown liner to my lashline, and topped it off with the brown shadow.

I also added some of the brown shadow to my lower lash line.

Sorry for the blurry photo. I then applied mascara. You're done! You can wear a number of lipsticks with this look.

The finished eyes. Stupid shadows, though. I can never get perfect lighting in my room.

Eyes open.

I chose a light pink lipstick. It's one of my favorites, but discontinued.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you liked it, please consider following my blog for more! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment